Forwarded on behalf of the PEO
PEO Algonquin Chapter invites you to its 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held at the Bear’s Den,
33177 Highway 17, Deep River, on 2017 March 01. Doors open at 5:45 p.m., and the AGM starts at 6:15 p.m.
as a breakaway session. All members are invited to the AGM at no charge. The Evening Program includes a buffet dinner ($20 each for member and a guest), with speaker Ken McFarlane, P.Eng., Chief Design Engineer for SNOLAB. Registration is required in advance. Please register by 2017 February 24, noon, by calling Uditha Senaratne (Deep River) at 613-584-3311 X 45198, Aneesh John (Chalk River) at 613-584-3311 X 43480, or email email@example.com. More details are contained in the bulletin on myCNL.
As everyone is probably well aware by now, there are work groups on site that have implemented a 4×10 schedule for work. With no contract language to administer this type of schedule we have been using our existing language. On 2016 December 22 the executive signed a memorandum of understanding with the company to better manage this new schedule.
From the feedback surrounding this topic, the Executive understand that there are members who look forward to a 4×10 schedule and those who have concerns about it so we’d like to highlight the following points from the agreement;
- This MOU is for Facilities Decommissioning, Waste Management and Environmental Remediation and Waste Operations currently. Any other departments or branches shall be discussed and agreed by the Union before implementing
- For the term of the MOU, only those that volunteer to work a 4×10 schedule will do so
- Hours of work are 7-5:30 with a 30 minute unpaid lunch Monday to Thursday
- Vacation leave has been converted to hours
- Other than marriage leave for other leave plans a day refers to a 10 h day
- To convert the annual hours to 2080h/year (work week is now 40 h not 37.5) employees basic salary is increased by 6.67% to the nearest $100.
- Employees working under this MOU will have their salary range adjusted to allow for the 6.67% increase so that no promotions or progressions will occur as a result of the conversion to a 40 h week.
We’d recommend everyone review the MOU. Certainly if this affects you directly, read it carefully and please contact the executive or a steward if you have any questions.